Oats Wada

Oats Wada - I must say this was an innovation in my kitchen today :)  I have made Oats porridge, Oats Smoothie, Oats Thalipeeth, Masala Oats in the recent past. I have already posted the Smoothie recipe on my blog.  I still have to take step by step pictures of the Thalipeeth and Masala Oats and will surely post these healthy recipes for all my viewers shortly!

I had soaked some Dal for making  Dal Makhani yesterday and kept some soaked dal aside.  It did not take much of my time to make this dish.  While I finished making Rice and Tomato Rasam today afternoon, I was not sure what I would do with the soaked dal as I was in two minds.. should I make a dal or try making a snack.  I finally decided to make a snack.  Before making the Rasam, I added some Massor Dal with the other dals and allowed this to soak.

I kept following my minds instructions and the Crispy and yummy wada's were ready in 10 to 15 minutes.  The best part is that wada's were not oily at all :)

I had heard about Wada Rasam but never tasted it before.  So thought of serving this with the Tomato Rasam that I made for lunch... Super delicious!  

Do give it a try and do post your comments!



Ingredients :

Urad Dal - 1/4th Cup
Split Green Moong Dal - 1/4th Cup
Chana Dal - 2 tbsp
Masoor Dal 1/3rd Cup
3 Slices of Bread
Quaker Oats - 1/2 cup
Finely Chopped Cabbage, Onion & Spinach - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Finely chopped chillies - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/4th tsp
Finely chopped Curry leaves - 5 leaves
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry the Wada

Method :

Soak all the dal's for 1/2 hour.  Wash and drain them. Grind this coarsely in a mixer.  To this add bread pieces, Quaker oats and all other ingredients and make a thick dough.  In case the dough is sticky, you may add more oats to it.  Make balls out of this dough and make a hole in the centre with your thumb and deep fry in oil on low flame till golden brown.  I served this with Tomato Rasam... You can have this with any green chutney.








Comments

Popular Posts