Coconut Onion Chutney & Coconut Ginger Chutney

Cooconut Chutney  is an accompaniment that is served with most of the South Indian dishes... This is quick and easy to make.

My husband normally prefers to eat Idli / Dosa with bowl full of Sambar... he would ignore the chutney when I make Sambar :). 

Yesterday, I did not get time to make Sambar and so made this Chutney which I learnt from my mother.  I was surprised when he did not ask for Sambar and took 2 to 3 servings of the chutney :)

 My friends at office always complimented  the chutneys I prepared and carried in my tiffin for breakfast.  I remember one of my colleague, Jomy John who said Prema you must write a book which will have different types of Chutney recipes..

This are two types of chutney's  which I make with Idli / Dosa.

Ingredients :

Fresh grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Green Chillies - 2 (you can add more if you like it spicy)
Onion - 1/4th piece (instead of Onion you can also use Ginger)
Salt to taste
Curd  / Yogurt - 1 tbsp
Oil for tempering
Mustard & Curry leaves.

Method :


Add all ingredients up to salt and grind to a smooth paste in a mixer.  Transfer to a bowl and add the curd / yogurt.  Temper mustard and curry leaves and put this in the chutney.  Serve with Idli / Dosa.










Comments

Popular Posts