Dal & Rice Paratha - Healthy & Nutritious!

Hello friends... I have joined back work from 16th March 15 and it has been hectic for me as my day starts at 5:15 am and by night 10:30 p.m. is the time when I finally go to bed and this cycle continues from Monday through Friday :).  I plan to take some time out for myself during the weekend which I deserve!

I must salute all the working women who juggle between office and home and also ensure that she takes good care of all the family members at home.  She also needs to multitask at work place and need to be energetic all the time.  My husband would always tell me it is very difficult if you are unwell as everything comes to a stand still... So ladies must definitely take care of their health and ensure that they exercise and give some quality time for themselves and be stress free!

My children are not very fond of Rice and dal.  There was some left over dal and rice  
which I had made for lunch and since no one would eat this in the night, I thought of making some Paratha's.  I had read this recipe in one of the cookery books and decided to give this a try.  The Paratha's were very tasty and when served with curd and Pickle it was a fantastic combination!

So dear friends are you ready for another healthy and nutritious recipe?
It was quite exciting to prepare an altogether new dish from the leftover dal and rice.   It's delicious, healthy and so easy to make that I would not worry if there is some extra dal  left the next time as I can make them as Parathas for breakfast the next morning!

Ingredients :

Cooked Rice - 1 cup
Cooked Dal - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour as required
Green Chilly paste - 1 tbsp
Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
Chopped Coriander -  3 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin & Corriander Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4th tsp
Asafetodia - 1/4th tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for kneading
Ghee/ Oil for shallow frying the Parathas

Method :


Mix dal and rice and mash this well.  To this add all other ingredients  and required wheat flour to make a firm dough.  Divide into equal round portions and roll out Roti's and shallow fry on a non stick pan till it is golden brown on both sides using Ghee / oil.  Serve hot with Curd and Pickle...

It was quite exciting to prepare an altogether new dish from the leftover dal and rice.   

It's delicious, healthy and so easy to make that I would not worry if there is some extra dal  left the next time as I can make them as Parathas for breakfast the next morning!

Ingredients :

Cooked Rice - 1 cup
Cooked Dal - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour as required
Green Chilly paste - 1 tbsp
Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
Chopped Coriander -  3 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin & Corriander Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4th tsp
Asafetodia - 1/4th tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for kneading
Ghee/ Oil for shallow frying the Parathas

Method :

Mix dal and rice and mash this well.  To this add all other ingredients  and required wheat flour to make a firm dough.  Divide into equal round portions and roll out Roti's and shallow fry on a non stick pan till it is golden brown on both sides using Ghee / oil.  Serve hot with Curd and Pickle...












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts