Green Coriander Chutney & Simple Chutney Sandwich


Green Chutney is a popular spread or dip and is mostly enjoyed with snacks like Crispy Samosas, Dhoklas etc.   It is also used in chaat, with grilled meat,  as spreads in wraps, sandwiches and rolls.

My colleague at office Pallavi often says... Prema, I tried making the green chutney as per your recipe for my son Yash... but the one you make is Yummy!   I am not sure what is the magic :)

I mostly make this chutney when I make Sandwiches... this is very easy to make when I have to rush to office.  I keep all the ingredients ready during the night and just grind the chutney fresh in the morning!  I spread butter or cheese spread on one side of the bread and chutney on the other side, put some fresh cucumber slices and the yummy Chutney Sandwich is ready to eat!

Ingredients :

Fresh Coriander leaves - 1 cup
Fresh grated coconut - 1/4th Cup
Green Chillies - 3 to 4
Garlic Cloves - 4 to 5
Sugar and Salt to taste
Lemon Juice as per taste (optional)

Method :

Put all the above ingredients into the mixer and grind to a fine paste and use as per your choice.
 





For Making the Chutney Sandwich :

Take fresh White / Brown Bread and cut the bread into shapes of your choice.  Cut the edges of the bread and you may use this to make crumbs.  Spread chutney on one side of the bread and on the other side, spread butter or cheese spread as per your choice and place some fresh cucumber one of the slices and cover it with the other slice of bread and the yummy Chutney Sandwich is ready to eat! 


When you make the Sandwich you need to ensure that both the quality of the ingredients that you use as well as the proportions are right!








Comments

Popular Posts