Masaledar Besanwali Okra (Bhindi)

This morning I was juggling with making breakfast for Rajesh, my husband and also getting ready to make his tiffin for lunch as he was getting ready for office.

When I went to the market yesterday, I got some tender Okra, (Bhindi).  I finished making the Chapati's and now had to get the Sabji ready. Besanwali Okra (Bhindi) is what I quickly made this morning as my husband is not very fond of Bharwan Bhindi as he finds it difficult to eat with Chapati.

He saw me cutting the Bhindi into thin long slices and also commented... it seems you are making a new dish today :).  After filling his tiffin there was some sabji left and my son said Mom make me one Chapati... the Sabji looks very tempting!  After he finished eating the Chapati & Sabji, he said Mom why do you cook so tasty... I feel like eating more of it... I told him that the Sabji got over now and will make more of it next time :)

I have cooked Okra (Bhindi) with Chickpea (Besan) flour & spices.  I have added some lemon to this dish for that tangy flavour!

Ingredients :

Thin sliced long cut Bhindi - 1 cup
Chickpea (Besan) Flour - 1/4th cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Jeera Powder - 1 tsp
Salt and Sugar to taste
Red Chilli Powder 1 1/2 tsp
Jeera, Mustard & Asafetida for tempering
Oil - 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice as per taste
Coriander leaves 1 tbsp

Method :


Wash the Bhindi and cut into 2 pieces.  Then make thin long slices.  Mix the Besan and all ingredients up to salt and sugar and mix well so that the Bhindi gets coated with the besan flour.  Heat the kadhai / pan and add oil.  Put Jeera, Mustard & Asafetida for tempering and now add the Bhindi mixed with all other ingredients and saute well and keep sauting for few minutes.  Low the flame and now cook Bhindi with closed lid.  After 2-3 minutes check again and saute this well.  Once the Bhindi is cooked and a bit crispy put off the flame.  Now add Lemon juice and mix well.  Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Chapati or as a side dish with Dal & Rice!  Enjoy :)






Comments

Popular Posts