Indian Veg Spring Roll

Today I made Idli Chutney for breakfast... My kids are not very fond of this dish and hence will not eat much of it :(. 

They had Poha around 11:00 am and hence were not very hungry.  I decided to make something nutritious and light for lunch today.   I just finished with my lunch around 3:00 pm and I started writing this post.

This dish reminds me of having the Chinese Spring Roll..  It was divine and after making it for kids, I made it for myself and had this dish right from the tawa on to my plate and relished it with Khajoor & Imli Chutney. :)

Indian Veg Spring Roll is what I have named this dish.

Ingredients for the cover :

Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Curd / Yoghurt - 1 tbsp
Milk - 250 ml (you may add more in case required)

Ingredients for the filling :

Grated Cabbage
Finely cut onions - 2 tbsp
Grated Capcicum - 1 large
Chilli Paste - 1 tsp
Grated ginger - 1 tsp
Finely cut coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Fresh thick cream - 1 tbsp
Salt, Pepper,Chaat Masala & Amchur Powder as per taste

Method :

Take the Wheat flour and mix all other ingredients except for milk and mix well.   Now add enough milk to this mixture and make a fine paste with the hand whipper like Dosa Batter.  Keep this aside for 30 minutes.

Remove excess water from the grated cabbage and Capcicum and put in a bowl.  Add all other ingredients and mix this well and keep it aside.


Heat the non stick dosa Pan / Tawa and grease with little oil.  Put 2 to 3 tsp of batter and using the back of your ladle, gently spread the batter with a circular motion from the centre towards the sides of the tawa.  Sprinkle some oil and cook on low flame till one side is light golden brown.  Now flip this to the other side and cook well.  You may put the filling in the middle of the dosa (like you make the spring roll filling) and roll this and now cook this roll till it is crispy with little oil spread on the tawa.  Cut into pieces and serve with Green chuntey or Khaoor Imli  Chutney (you will see this chutney in my blog).


























Comments

  1. Your blog is very informative and gracefully
    your guideline is very good.Thank you.Please visit in chowringhee laxminagar Restaurant for test and variety in kathi roll..
    chinese restaurants

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts