Carrot Chutney / Gajjar Chutney - The Crunchy Powerfood

Today, I had to finish lot of work before going out to attend a Women's Day Celebration organized by R Systems Intl Ltd. (the organization I work for). I have been a full time housewife since the time, I have taken a break from work.    Both the children and my husband had a holiday today on account of Holi, festival of colours.

I had to finish taking Ria's (my daughter) studies, so finished with that early in the morning and before she left to play Holi with her friends, I insisted that she ate her breakfast.  I was planning to make Idli's as I had to just put them in the steamer and get back to making lunch... but she wanted to eat Dosa.  We ladies have great qualities and one of them is multi tasking may be it is at office or home :).  While, Ria  was blowing the water balloons, I quickly made her Dosa and Carrot chutney and also made Idli's for rest of us.

After having breakfast, I quickly got lunch ready for the family as I wanted to take a break and enjoy myself with all colleagues as I was meeting all of them after almost 2 months.  We all had good fun and a great break!

Let me share with you the carrot chutney recipe which does not contain Coconut.  This chuney is flavoured with garlic, chilli powder and lemon juice and makes a great accompaniment with any South Indian dish!

Ingredients :

Grated Carrot - 1 cup
Chopped garlic - 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
Roasted & shelled Groundnuts - 1/4th cup
Salt and sugar to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard, Cumin Seeds & Asafetida & Curry leaves for tempering

Method:


Heat oil in a Kadhai.  Add the grated carrot and garlic and stir fry for a minute.  Add the remaining ingredients and grind to a fine paste.  Transfer to a bowl and add the tempering of  Mustard, Cumin Seeds & Asafetida & Curry leaves.  Serve with any South Indian dish of your choice!





Comments

Popular Posts