Instant Tomato Chutney - My all time favourite!

My daughter leaves home around 7:00 am for school.  She carries her small recess tiffin with her.  I planned to make Paniyaram today for breakfast in the morning.  When I opened the fridge 

I realized that there was no Coconut inside and there was  no stock left. My attention  drew on the large packet of Fresh tomatoes that I had purchased from the market yesterday.

I decided to make my all time favourite chutney "Tomato Chutney" that tastes awesome with Paniyaram.   This is very quick and easy to make dish... it does not take more than 10 minutes.

I quickly put the Appe Patram on the gas and while the Paniyaram's were getting cooked, I instantly made the Chuntey and got Ria's (my daughter's) tiffin ready.

She came back home around 10:30 am from her school and her very close friend Veena also came to our house as her mother had gone out.  Once both the girls freshened up, I made steaming hot Paniyaram's for both of them with tomato chutney.  Veena likes to eat spicy food and she really enjoyed the chutney!

Ingredients :

Large ripe tomatoes - 3
Garlic cloves - 12
Curry leaves - few
Turmeric powder - 1/4th tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds, Mustard Seeds & Asafetida & Curry leaves for tempering

Method :


Grind all the ingredients up to salt and make a fine paste.  Heat the pan and add oil, put Cumin Seeds, Mustard Seeds & Asafetida & Curry leaves and allow it to splutter.  Add this tomato paste into this mixture and allow to cook for some time till it gets thick.  Check for the salt and chilli and add if required.  Serve as a chutney with any dish. 








Comments

Popular Posts