Crunchy Pakora - Good starter for your party

These days there is a concept of Buffet Lunch / Dinner hosted by various hotels...  The main attraction for me on the Buffet counter is the Starters. I hardly eat the main course :).

Whether you have a guest at home or you just want to enjoy the pleasant rainy evening or cold wintery days, the name that comes to my mind is Pakora... They are crispy and spicy and I prefer it when accompanied with my chai (tea)  and green chutney.

This is not the Onion Pakora that I am refering to.  It is called Crunchy Pakora and I have added various spices and Besan (Chickpea flour) and coated it with Semilona (Rava) and then deep fried it until crispy.

The detailed recipe supported with photos will give you an idea of how crispy & Crunchy these yummy starter tastes... Do give it a try and yes your feedback is important!

Ingredients :

Besan (Chickpea Flour) - 1 cup
Yoghurt (Curd) - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4th tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Corrainder seeds coarsely powdered - 1tsp
Pepper Corns - coarsely powdered - 1tsp
Cumin (Jeera) Seeds - coarsely powdered - 1tsp
Fennel (Sauf) Seeds - coarsely powdered - 1tsp
Kasuri Methi - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Oil for deep frying
Semilona (Rava) for coating - 1/4th cup

Method :

Mix all ingredients upto 1 tbsp Oil and add half cup water and mix it will.  In a Kadai pour this mixture and cook this till it is thick.  Check a little bit of this mixture and see if you are able to make a ball out it.  Allow this mixture to cool.


In the picture below I made big sizes of the balls and hence when I deep fried the pakora's they were not cooked from inside. I later made small balls out of this mixture.  Coat all the balls in Semilona and deep fry them in hot oil till they are crispy and golden brown.  Enjoy it with Green Chutney!









Comments

Popular Posts