Quick Ripe Mango Chutney

This season I got the best Mangoes directly from the Mango Farm from Guhagar!  I have made several dishes with Mango in this season... As and when I get time, will definitely post them for all of you :)

As I was deciding on what Sabzi to make for lunch, I said to myself, let me try making a Chutney / Curry with Ripe Mangoes which will taste good with Roti.  During our childhood days, we used to cut ripe mangoes and add salt and chilli powder and just eat it with Rice. 

I was sure the Chutney version would definitely taste amazing!



Ingredients :

2 Ripe Mangoes - Peeled and cut into pieces
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4th tsp

For (tempering) Tadka :

Mustard Seeds
Curry leaves
Asafetodia
Red Chillies
Coconut Oil / Cooking Oil

Method :

Pressure cook the cut Ripe Mangoes in the cooker with very little water, turmeric, chilli powder and salt up to 3 whistles.  Once it is cooled, mash it well.  Now in a pan, add the oil. Now add all the tempering.  Reduce the flame and saute for some time.  Now add the cooked and mashed mango and cook this for some time.  Yummy & Spicy Mango Chutney is ready to be served as a side dish with Rice or with Roti / Appam or Dosa.








Comments

Popular Posts