Easy Mango Sheera



My son is back in Pune for his vacation and will be here for few more months to complete his Industrial training...My husband and daughter is having a good time enjoying new dishes...as  sometimes I get busy in the kitchen cooking a new dish and sometimes he is cooking the dishes that he learnt in college :).  I get to learn lot of new tips from him too...

During the weekend, I made Aloo Rasewala Shak with Roti & since I had loads of mangoes, decided to also make a sweet dish.  Hope you will not get bored with the mango dishes that I have been posting one after the other... I guess this is the only season that you can enjoy the King of Fruits!!

I thought of making Mango Kalakand with the mango pulp... but then dropped the idea and decided to make a quick Mango Sheera.  It tasted divine!  You can actually see that the pictures say it all :).

Sheera is a traditional sweet made in Maharashtra and served as Prasad and it would have slices of banana in it.  This Sheera has loads of Mango Puree and garnished with cut pieces of ripe mangoes!

Do try this recipe and post your feedback and comments!

Ingredients :

Ripe Mango Pulp - 1 Cup
Ghee - 3 tbsp
Milk - 2 cups
Sooji / Semolina / Rava - 1/2 cup

Almonds chopped - 8 to 10
Sugar - 3/4 th cup
Cashew Nuts Chopped 8 to 10
Cut mangoes



Method :

Take a non stick pan and heat the Ghee.  Add Sooji and saute on medium heat till golden brown.  Ensure that you keep stirring continuously so that the sooji does not get burnt.

Add one cup water to the Sooji and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.  Add the milk, sugar, mango pulp and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.  Garnish with chopped nuts and cut mangoes.  Serve Hot!





















Comments

Popular Posts