No machine Home Made Mango Ice Cream

I would like to thank you all for the motivation and feedback on the Home Made Mango Maaza Video - http://premasadukkala.blogspot.in/2016/05/fresh-home-made-maaza-video-beat-heat.html  which I have posted recently!   Many of them tried making it and enjoyed it with their family. 

I was back from office and I had decided to cook dinner for the family and especially for Dhiraj, my son as he wanted to have Sabji and Roti cooked by me.  I guess children value mothers and the food cooked by them only when they have to stay away from home in hostels :).

My daughter kept troubling me while I was cooking, as she wanted to make mango ice cream all by herself.  I was busy and also do not like anyone disturbing me while I cook.. so totally ignored her.  She threw tantrums and finally I took her close to me and told her that once I finish making the food, I will take her help to make the ice cream... and also told her that she will get to enjoy it only the next day.

Luckily, her friends came home and asked her to join them to play football... She told me to keep all the ingredients ready to make the ice cream and she wanted to just mix it and put it in the freezer.  

I have tried to make this ice cream which whipping cream which was already available as Dhiraj had made a cake for his friends that afternoon.. so half my work was done!  By the time Ria was back, I got all the ingredients ready and allowed her to mix it and then put it in the freezer.




When the King of Fruits is in season, enjoy it's amazing flavor by making this No machine home-made Mango ice cream . The ice-cream reminded me of Natural's Ice Cream.  It was yummmmy!!  So go ahead, mix it, freeze it, scoop it and ENJOY it !!!! :) :).

Ingredients : 
Mango puree – 1 ¾ cups (puree from about 3 Alphonso mangoes)                                                   Sugar – ¼ cup or as per sweetness required by you                                                                        Heavy whipping cream – 1 ½ cups                                                                                                  Vanilla Essence – 1 tablespoon                                                                                                         Tooty Fruity for garnishing
Method : 
Wash, cut and peel the mangoes.  Put them in a blender and make the puree.  Pour the cream in a bowl and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.  If it is chilled the cream gets whipped  quickly.  So whip the cream to its maximum volume by adding 1/4th cup of sugar.
Do not over beat the cream, as there are chances of it to start to curdle and butter will start to separate out. Once you get stiff peak, add the mango puree and vanilla.  Fold it and mix it gently with the help of spatula.
Pour this mixture into the shallow container. Cover it with silver foil and keep it refrigerated till it is half frozen for about 4 hours. Take out the container from the freezer, cut it into pieces, add it to the blender and blend it till it becomes smooth and in liquid form again. This will break  if any ice crystals are formed.  Pour it back to the container. Cover it with plastic wrap. Make sure that plastic touches the ice cream surface.  Freeze it till it sets completely. Scoop out into a bowl and serve. You may garnish it with Tooty Fruity. 
Do leave your feedback and comments!



















Comments

Popular Posts