Tomato Flavoured Poori

My maid makes excellent and soft Chapati / Roti's... I must admit to all of you that there are 2 dishes which I cannot make perfectly i.e. Roti's & Dhokla :(....but,  I will try and try till I succeed..:)


In this season most of the households will have Mango Pulp (Aamras) and Poori or Pooranpoli and Mango Pulp (Aamras).. I love to make Poor's as when you see them get fluffy in the oil, it makes me smile...So my family loves to have Poori and Sabji which I make once in a while on the weekends.

I made Tomato flavoured Poori's recently... So if you have some ripe tomatoes  and want to experiment this version... do give this a try!  They are so easy to make as it is made by just adding some tomato puree along with some spices in the wheat flour.   I am  sharing a step-wise recipe and hope you all try it out and enjoy it too.

I had a special request from Meghana Dindorkar, my colleague to share this recipe... and here is this blog for fulfilling the promise! :)





Ingredients :

Ripe Tomato Puree - 1/2 cup
Oil for kneading - 2 tbsp
Boiled, peeled and grated Potato - 1/2 cup
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Maida - 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Salt and Sugar to taste
Water as required
Oil for frying

Method:

You need to mix all the ingredients and add the tomato puree and make a stiff dough.  You may add water if required. Make equal parts out of this. Knead them into small pooris with uniform thickness. Fry from both the sides till golden in colour,remove from the pan and drain on a paper napkin.  Serve hot with chutney or pickle... Enjoy & happy cooking!















Comments

Popular Posts