Crispy Poha Rolls - Enjoy Poha in a different form!

My friends Sandhya & Saroj had recently come home for dinner... We had a fantastic time chatting and spending time together... We had met after a year!

I had made Kerala Chicken Curry,Mutter Paneer, Palak Raita. Mutter Pulao & Mango Mojito.  Saroj got the Roti's and Sandhya got the dessert... That same night, we made plans of meeting Pragati, one of our common friend.

Sandhya picked me up from my place and reached Saroj's place.  From there, Saroj drove us in her car to Pragati's place.  While I was there, my sis-in-law called me saying that she was coming home with her family.  It was almost 6:30 pm when we left from Pragati's place.

I knew I would not reach home well on time and called my son who was at home and instructed him to make the preparation for Poha Rolls which I had tried earlier making with Raw Banana's.  He did a great job of getting the things ready by the time I reached home.  I had to just fry the rolls.  They all enjoyed the snack which was accompanied with Strawberry Milkshake!


Poha Rolls is a quick and easy fried snack dish which can be served in morning breakfast as well as in the evening snacks.   The school will reopen soon and while your children return back hungry from school. This is a good way to break the routine and enjoy Poha in a different form.

Let's get ready to make this delicious snack!


Ingredients :

1 Cup Poha washed
2 big size boiled mashed potatoes or raw cooked Bananas
6 to 8 bread slices
1 Large Finely Chopped Onion
4 chopped / crushed green chilly
1 tsp fennel seeds or Sauf
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/4th tsp turmeric powder
1/2 bunch Corriander leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for frying

Method :


Wash and keep the Poha aside.  Boil and mash the potatoes / Raw Bananas to the washed Poha.  Make crumbs of bread and mix this to the Poha add all the spices and green chilly and give the desired shape and deep fry.  Serve these crispy Poha Rolls with Green Chutney or Tomato ketchup.
















Comments

Popular Posts