Manga / Mango Thokku

I am sure you all will agree, that accompaniments like chutney, raita adds taste to food.  I must admit that I end up eating more food when there is chutney or homemade pickle served during lunch / dinner time!

In the last month, one of my colleague Arundhati Kelkar had got Mango Thokku for lunch.  I liked the taste so much, that I kept taking more helpings of the dish :).  I also told her to get more next time!  She shared with me the recipe and I wanted to make this dish since last month and finally made it recently.

We had gone to Dhapoli for a family trip and my son Dhiraj's friend's family also accompanied us.  We had gone to their house in the morning to pick them up.  They have a large garden and I spotted just one mango on the tree and said wow mango!.  Manisha, immediately took Dhiraj's help and plucked the mango from the tree.  We were planning to having it with salt and chilli powder.  We ended up eating so much of fish there that no one wanted to eat the mango and I finally took it home and made the Thokku.

It tasted yummy! a great side dish with curd rice, paratha's etc.

Do try making it and leave your comments and feedback!


Ingredients :

Raw Mango - 1
Medium sized Onion -1
Salt to taste
K-Pra - Mango pickle powder - 1 tbsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Asafetodia - 1/2 tsp
Jaggery - 1 tbsp (you can increase the amount for sweet flavour)
Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds

Method :

Peel the mango skin and grate this.  Finely chop the onion and mix it with the grated mango.  Add salt, grated jaggery, K-Pra Mango pickle masala and keep this mixture aside.  Heat the pan and add oil to it.  Now add the mustard seeds, Asafetodia and put the flame on low and add chilli powder to it and saute well.  Transfer this tempering to the mango mixture and mix well.  This can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days but tastes when served fresh!

















Comments

  1. Woow..!! Mouth watering..will try itπŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! Hope you tried the recipe. Do check out other recipes too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts