Sweet Potato Cutlet


 

 I have heard from many friends that they fast on Monday / Thursday / Friday but cannot imagine me fasting like them :).   I keep a fast during Shivratri & Krishna Janmasthami... by the end of the day, I look all pale and tired :( so these days, I avoid fasting as it affects my health.

During the Navratri this year, the market was flooded with Sweet Potatoes and on my way back from office, I picked up few of them planning to steam them and enjoying it with dash of salt.

I have made Potato Cutlets in my kitchen and thought of experimenting with Sweet Potatoes and make cutlets out of them.   Friends, the cutlet tasted divine! 

I had just made few that day as I was experimenting with the dish and did not want wastage.  My husband and daughter demanded for more and I made it again for breakfast recently and my friends also appreciated the taste of this healthy snack. 

So for all those of you who fast, this is a replacement from the usual Sabudana Kitchdi consumed during fast.  I shallow fried this snack, so used very little oil for cooking the Tikki.  They tasted super delicious!!

Ingredients :

4 to 5 medium size boiled and grated Sweet potatoes ( Pressure cook upto 4 whistles and cool it )
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp amchur (dry mango) powder
1 tbsp kaju (Cashew nut) powder or Peanut powder
Salt to taste
Oil

Method :

Pressure cook the Sweet potatoes, cool it.  Remove the skin and grate it.   Now, chop the green chillies , ginger and coriander leaves finely.


Mix all the ingredients together and divide into equal portions and make Tikki as per desired shapes. Now heat a non stick pan on low heat with little oil . Place the Tiiki's on the pan.  Allow it to cook on one side and turn them, again brush with little oil and let it cook on the other side until brown . Enjoy this with green chutney hung curd dip or sauce.   
You can also serve this with peanut chutney .  Enjoy and do leave your feedback and comments!















Comments

Popular Posts