Jeera Diamond Cuts




This  Diwali, I decided to make some Diwali savories / faral  for family and friends.  Rajesh, my husband came to pick me up from office  that evening and we both went to the mall and did some grocery shopping .  That evening I unpacked and put all the grocery in containers and decided to start making the faral next day evening after returning from office.  I managed to make Jeera Diamond cuts, Rava Ladoo & Badang.  Planning to make some more stuff today and tomorrow...

My mother used to make them during Diwali and we helped her roll the roti's and cut them in different shapes. It is a munch for teatime!  This is crispy, crunchy delicacy and I call them Jeera Diamond Cuts.  You can prepare them at any time of the year .

I made it for the first time and all of us enjoyed it.... I am sure, we all get bored eating sweets during the festive season. I would always look for spicy and salty snacks on the platter and would just taste a little of the sweet dishes :)

This is a simple recipe... so do make it and enjoy!

Ingredients :

All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
1/4th tsp salt
1/2 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Oil
1/4th cup water
Oil for frying

Method :

In a bowl  take maida and add jeera, salt and oil and mix it well.  Add water and make a stiff dough.  Cover the dough with a vessel and leave it to rest for 30 to 45 minutes.


Divide the dough into 2 to 3 portions.  Roll the dough into thin rotis.  Then cut the roti's in desired shapes.  Place the cut shapes on to a plate and repeat this process with the rest dough.  Deep fry the cuts in hot oil until they turn deep golden colour from both sides.  Allow them to cool down and store them in air tight container.   You need not wait for Diwali to make this snack... but can make them all round the year and enjoy it with a hot cup of Tea!














Comments

Popular Posts