Eggless Dates Almond Cake

Everyone feels special on his / her birthday!  A birthday is a sweet reminder of your existence on earth, to you and your loved ones :)   My sister Preeta staying in Mumbai celebrates her birthday on 14th July and I celebrate my birthday on 15th July.   My father used to organize to celebrate our birthday on 15th July in school.   I remember the first birthday we celebrated in school… my father got new dress stitched for both of us… arranged for chocolates for all friends in school and organized for a cake for both of us and he himself made Sevaya Kheer at home.   Our parents definitely ensured that they took good care of all our requirements even if they had to sacrifice a lot… That was one of my best birthday remembrance!




My day started with loads of birthday wishes from my School friends and family members! Every year I treat my friends at office with chocolates or cake or make some special dish for all of them.  This year I baked 3 different cakes. I got the Chocolate Wheat Cake & Tuti Fruity Rava Cake to office and treated my family with Egg less Dates & Almond Cake.

Let me add a little sweetness to your day with this yummy cake bites. They are made with the goodness of nuts & whole dates and No eggs...  The dates add a sweetness that rivals processed sugar, and they impart a moistness, and rich flavor that the refined stuff just can’t touch….

Your feedback is what I definitely look forward to…. So don’t miss to write down your feedback :)


So get ready to bake and share this recipe with your friends and  loved ones!

Ingredients :

Maida - 1 cup
Seedless Dates (Khajoor) - 10 to 15 pcs finely cut
Milk - 1/2 cup
Refined Oil - 1/2 cup (I used Sunflower Oil)
Neslte Milkmaid - 1/2 tin
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Fresh Yoghurt / Curd - 1/2 cup
Chopped Almonds - 2 tbsp
Few Raisins

Method :

Boil the Milk and put off the flame.  Add the cut dates in this milk and allow it to soak. Put this in a mixer and grind to a fine puree.  Now add the oil, milkmaid, curd & make a creamy mixture.  Preheat the Oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes.  Now Seive the Maida and add the creamy mixture and mix gently.  Add the baking soda in the batter and mix gently.  


Now grease the cake tin and dust some flour and pour the mixture into it.  Tap it well so that the bubbles will settle down.  Garnish it  with Chopped Almonds & Raisins...

Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes at 180 degree.  


Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.  De mould the cake and slice it into pieces.... Serve this with your evening tea or for kids Short break Tiffin. 

I garnished rest of the cake pieces with chocolate sauce and served it hot... This also tastes divine!. My other observation was, the cake tasted amazing the next day... so bake your cake at night and serve it the next day :)

So why go to the market to buy your cake when you can make healthy, tasty and nutritious cake at home!! 
 





















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts