Mixed Veg Soup

Few of my colleagues at office decided to start with the GM (General Motor) diet.  I am a foodie and was not sure if I could have completed the 7 days diet programme :).  It was a great experience though!  Meghana Badwe started the diet programme on Monday and I started it on Tuesday.  I used to check with her the experience of the previous day and accordingly plan my next day ahead.



I must confess that the 1st day was very tough as we had to eat only fruits.... there was no salt content and by evening I had given up saying that it is too difficult to continue.  Meghana kept lifting my spirits and told me that she felt extremely light and fresh the next day and I could use little rock salt to my fruits... and yes this worked... I ate all different fruits except for Banana, Chickoo and grapes on the first day.  I had watermelons with little rock salt that night and yes had around 10 glasses of water... She was right... I felt extremely light and fresh the next day...  I continued with day 2 with Only Vegetable diet and 3rd day was combination of fruits and vegetables. I had lost around 1.1 Kg in 2 days.  This was definitely motivating!! The 4th day we had to have only Bananas and Milk along with fruits. The 5th day it was tomatoes and one cup rice.  Since I wanted to follow the vegetarian diet, I had some Soya chunks with vegetables in the morning, tomato rice in the afternoon, &  soup whenever I was hungry.  The 6th day I had some paneer stir fry with no oil and vegetables for breakfast, curd rice for lunch, soup and stir fry vegetables. The 7th day was one cup rice and all vegetables and juice.   It was wonderful and I was feeling really light... I lost around 3.3 Kgs in 7 days!.  I also realized in these 7 days that drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water every day is very important.

With all our experience put together, I made a Mixed Veg soup, which  came to my rescue whenever I was feeling hungry during these 7 days... I have now become alert as to what I am eating and also the quantity that I consume :).  This diet basically cleanses all the toxins in your body thus making you feel light and refreshing!

This is simple to make and excellent to have when you are hungry!



Ingredients :

Mushrooms - 3 to 4
Cabbage - 1 cup
Onions - 1 small
Carrot - 1 small
Capsicum - 1 small
Bottle gourd / Lauki  - 1 piece
Garlic - 2 cloves
Corn - a handful
Broccoli - 1 Big piece
Cauliflower - 1 big piece
Spinach leaves - 5 to 8
Coriander leaves - a handful
Rock Salt, Pepper Powder, Oregano & Mixed herbs - to taste
Butter - 1/4th tsp
Water - 2 glass


Method:


Clean and cut the vegetables into big chunks.  Transfer to a container and pour 2 glasses of water and rock salt and pressure cook vegetable upto 3 whistles.  Once it is cool, churn this in a mixer till all the vegetables are ground well.   In a pan, heat the butter and transfer the ground vegetables and boil well.  Add required rock salt, Pepper Powder, Oregano & Mixed herbs to taste and add a dash of lemon and serve piping hot... 

Enjoy and do leave your feedback!











Comments

Popular Posts