Prawns Fry - Kerala Style


It was a Friday evening, and as usual I called home in the evening to check what Ria was doing.  After speaking to her, my maid asked me what was to be cooked for dinner.  I instantly told her to make dal tadka specially for Ria, and that  I would come back from office and make rest of the food.

I had some fish in the freezer so decided to make Prawns Fry the Kerala style and  Goan fish curry with Black Pomfret. 

I called up my husband, Rajesh at office and told him that I had made some of his favourite dishes for dinner.  He came back home in a hour's time and by 8:45 pm  we all had dinner together after a very long time.    

My opinion is that if you can cook any dish at home, it's  inexpensive as you can eat as much as you want not worrying much about your pockets :).

So here's how I made this dish which can be a good starter!

Ingredients :

Cleaned and deveined Prawns : 15 - 20 pcs
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tbsp (you may increase the spice as per your taste)
Turmeric - 1/4th tsp
Finely sliced Onions - 2
Green Chilies 3 to 4
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Water
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste


Method :

Add Chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the Prawns and add little water to this mixture and cook well till the water evaporates and the Prawns are cooked.

Take a pan and add oil, once the same is hot, add the cooked Prawns to it and saute for a while.  Now put sliced onions, chillies and curry leaves and allow to get cooked well on a medium flame till the onions are done.  You may check the salt and spice and put off the gas.  This can be served as a dish with your drinks and or can be eaten as a side dish with Rice.


Enjoy!!!!    Will be soon back with other quick and simple recipes! 














Comments

Popular Posts