Zero Oil Stir Fried Vegetable

I am sure you have noted the recipe for Mix Veg Soup which is very filling when you want to lose weight and when you plan to diet.   When I followed the GM diet, I ensured that I ate different types of Vegetables and fruits and also increased the intake of water with no sugar and normal salt.  I used Rock salt to cook all the food / soup during these 7 days.

Potato is not something which I enjoy eating... but when I was on this diet, the 2nd day in the morning, we had to eat one potato for breakfast... I cannot express how delicious that potato was which I had boiled and stir fried and garnished with a dash of rock salt, coriander leaves, pepper and mixed herbs :)

I enjoy eating all the vegetables and this diet gave me an opportunity to buy all the exotic vegetables that is not used on a daily basis in the Indian household.  There was lot of work for me as I had to make normal Tiffin for my daughter and husband and also make my food separately.  I did all the cutting work the previous night to ensure that I finished all the cooking on time :)

This is a quick stir fry which I made with just 1/4th tsp butter and it tasted awesome and can also be eaten as a starter....All who got to taste this dish at office lunch table said it was delicious and I told them that someday when I own my restaurant it will be on my menu list :)

A quick note of the recipe for all my readers!

Ingredients :

Mushrooms - 5 to 8
Onions - 1 big
Capsicum - 1 Big
Bell Pepper (Yellow & Red) - few pieces
Garlic - 2 to 3 cloves
Baby Corn - 2 to 3
Broccoli - 1 large piece
Cauliflower - 1 large piece
Paneer cubes - 8 to 10 cubes
Tondli / Ivy Gourd - 4 to 5
Coriander leaves - a handful

Rock Salt, Pepper Powder, Oregano & Mixed herbs - to taste
Butter - 1/4th tsp
Water - 1/2 to 1 glass




Method:

Clean and cut the vegetables into big chunks.  In a big pan add 1/2 cup water and when it boils, transfer the cut vegetables which require more time to cook first and add rock salt and allow it to cook well. You may add more water and rest of the vegetable and allow to cook.  You need to ensure that the vegetable is not overcooked and remains crunchy. 


Once the water evaporates from the vegetable, add the Paneer cubes and cook on low flame for about 5 to 8 minutes.  Ensure that you stir in between.    Add required rock salt, 1/4th tsp butter, Pepper Powder, Oregano & Mixed herbs to taste.  Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy it hot, right from the pan onto your plate!






Comments

Popular Posts