Instant Biscuit Cake

On 9th April 2015, was a working day...  As usual, I left for office and was busy at workplace.  I left from office and had loads of plans for the next day as it was our anniversary :).

Rajesh has always been a romantic hubby... He would surprise me with gifts / cakes, flowers and chocolates every year for my birthday and our anniversary....

When it comes to getting into the kitchen and making food, I get very energetic... :).  On my way back home, I picked up some flowers for Rajesh.  After I reached home on 9th evening, I freshened up, had my dinner and got ready to make preparation for the next day...  I decided to make cake for him.  I finally ended up making a quick and easy biscuit cake and a Tooty Fruity Wheat Cake.  I carried both the cakes for my team and friends to office.

Rajesh had come pretty late from office that night and had slept late... I did not want to disturb him the next day morning.  On 10th April, I cut the pieces of cake, and put them in a plate and laid them on the dining table and put the flowers in the vase and left a note for him... by the time I reached office, he called me up and wished me and promised to come home early.  We had a great evening.. he took me out for a candle light dinner. 

The biscuit cake that I make is very popular among family and friends. This cake does not need oven and it is eggless. All you need is a pack of Parle-G biscuits , Any cream biscuit of your choice, milk, baking powder and soda and few basic ingredients from your kitchen and you can prepare this cake in no time. I recommend you to try this simple biscuit recipe. It is the most easiest way to please your kids who demand for cakes within a short notice.



So you can now make this cake at any time your sweet tooth craves for something nice:).

Ingredients :
Parle G Biscuit (Rs. 10/-) packet
Bourbon biscuit - (1 big packet)
Milk - 1 tea cup
Sugar - 5 tbsp
Baking powder -1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp

Method :

Pre heat the cooker with salt and keep the Jhali (stand) on the salt till you make the batter and put this on low flame.

In a mixer, powder the biscuits.  Now add the milk, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and the oil and make a batter by grinding all ingredients in the mixer.  Now grease the cake pan with little butter.  Dust maida (all purpose flour) and pour the batter into it.  Tab the pan and quickly put it in the cooker and remove the black ring and whistle.  On low flame bake the cake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Switch off the gas and put a knife through the middle of the Cake and check if the batter sticks then you have to cook it for another 5 minutes.  If the knife comes out clean, your cake is ready.  

Let the cooker cool and after about an hour or two you may decorate it with chocolate cream or cut this into desired shapes and enjoy it as they are!
















Comments

Popular Posts