Wheat base - Home Made Pizza on Non Stick Pan

The first time I made Pizza at home, I had got the base from the market... but ever since I learnt how to make the base at home and started making my own pizza dough, I’ve never looked back!

It's not that difficult to make the Pizza dough. Whole Wheat Pizza Base is a healthy alternate to the basic white pizza. I tried making the Pizza base with homemade wheat flour and that gives me double happiness of serving 100% whole wheat pizza to my family!  It is healthy when you make it at home and the best part is you can eat as much as you want without pinching your pocket.   

The secret to making excellent Pizza is to ensure that you ferment it well, knead the dough very thoroughly until the dough is springy, smooth and elastic.  Yes, the toppings also matters!

I have made Pizza several times and I must say that with experience you get better and your Pizza will turn out to be perfect.  I have learnt from my mistakes and improvised every time  I made Pizza!

Today, I will share details of Wheat Base Pizza... I will also share with you the Wheat & Maida (all purpose flour base) recipe with different sauce in a couple of days... 

I have made my Pizza on non stick pan and so all those of you who do not have Oven at home  have a reason to be happy!

So get ready to learn to make your Pizza my way :)


  Ingredients for the base :

Wheat flour - 2 cups  
Dhaliya powder (Broken wheat) 1 cup 
Salt to taste
2 tbsp honey
Dry Yeast - 1 tbsp 
Sugar - 1 tsp
Olive Oil / Rice Bran Oil
Warm Water for kneading
 Toppings :

Finely sliced onions
Finely sliced Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
Corn
Mushrooms
Carrot
Peas
Jalapeno
Mozzarella Cheese



For the sauce :

Tomato Sauce - 1 cup
Eggless Mayonnaise - 3 tbsp
Soya Spread - 1 tbsp
Pepper Powder - 1 tbsp
Oregano - 1 tsp




Method :

In a bowl add  warm water,  1 teaspoon sugar, yeast and let it  rest for 10 minutes.  The yeast will rise up.
In a large bowl sieve 2 cups of wheat flour & Dhaliya powder.  To this add salt and honey. Make a well in the center. Add yeast mixture and the oil.  Add enough water and make a soft dough and coat this with some oil and place in a container and cover it with a towel or lid for about 1 hour.  After 1 hour, again knead the dough and place it back in the container with little oil coating at room temperature until doubled for  1 hour.
Punch down risen dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Shape dough into balls.

Divide the dough into balls and roll them into thick roti.  With the help of a cutter  give a round shape to the pizza.  With the help of fork prick holes over the base.  Keep this aside for 5 to 10 minutes. Now heat the non stick pan, apply some butter and keep the pizza  base on it.  Apply the sauce, add the vegetables and add cheese and cover this with a lid and cook on very low flame.  In some time, the cheese melts and you will observe that the pizza base gets golden brown one side of the base.  Cut the Pizza and serve hot and enjoy!


 
















Comments

Popular Posts