Roti / Chapati Chivda


I get back home from office by 7:30 pm and  there is very little time to get into the kitchen and make dinner ready and most important- would not get time to spend with children The solution to this was to engage a cook who  helps me make dinner. 

Ratna moushi (my cook)  makes excellent Chapati's & Pooran Poli's  and there are few good Sabji's that she prepares.   I have trained her to make few Sabji's which she can make as per my recipe :)  There are few days when hubby decides to have dinner with friends and children also demand for something other than Roti & Sabji and I have Roti's that are not consumed.  I am sure no one would like to  eat the left over Roti. 

I would not worry  about how I would consume the left over Roti/s chapati's as you can check out my post for making Yummy Crispy & Crunchy Chapati Cutlet. 

Today I will share with you an easy recipe "Roti Chivda" that you can make with left over Roti's and this yummy snack can be enjoyed with a hot cup of tea in the morning for breakfast or as an evening snack.



Ingredients :
Left over Roti's - 4 to 5
Finely chopped Onion - 1/2 cup
Green Chillies 2 to 3
Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds & Asafetodia for tempering
Oil - 1 tbsp
Roasted Peanuts - 1/4th cup
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Sugar & salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 4 to 5
Corriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice to taste

Method:


Make small pieces of the Roti's by tearing them with your hands or just grind them in the mixer (ensure that you do not make fine crumbs of the roti ).  Heat the pan and add oil.  Put the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and Asafetodia for tempering.  Now add the onion and when it changes colour, add the green chiilies, curry leaves and saute for some time.  Now add the turmeric powder, sugar and salt and chilli powder & roasted peanuts.  Put the roti pieces into this mixture and sprinkle very little water and  mix this well.  Close the pan with a lid and ensure that you cook this on a low flame otherwise the Roti will get burnt.   Add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.  You can serve this with pickle and curd.. Enjoy!









Comments

Popular Posts