Amla Sharbat

I was busy during weekends and did not get time to blog... Attended a Cousin's wedding on 4th December, 2016 and had some delicious Kerala Sadhya on Banana Leaf after a very long time!

Many relatives from Kerala also visited us and we all had a great time together during the weekend!!

A few days ago I had made Amla Sharbat and today am sharing the recipe of this refreshing drink which is rich in Vitamin C and good for health!

This recipe is shared by my colleague, Arundhati Kelkar... she got this sharbat for all of us at office and I loved the taste of the drink and asked her to share the recipe.

I also took some sharbat that I had made for my friend's at both the offices and they all enjoyed the  fresh and refreshing drink.

Refrigeration of the drink should be avoided as the flavours would be lost.




Ingredients :

Amla (Gooseberry) - 15 to 20 (Washed & Grated)
Ginger - 1 large piece (Washed & Grated)
Lemon Juice of 4 Lemons
Sugar - 2 cups (I used rock sugar i.e. misri)
Salt to taste
Honey as required
Water as required


Method:

Wash and grate the Amla & Ginger and exrtract juice in a juicer or mixer.  Strain it and add Lemon Juice to it. Put this juice in a container and add sugar to it and cook this juice till the solution changes the colour.    Cool this mixture and store in air tight container. 
While serving take around 2 to 3 tbsp of the solution in a glass.  Add cold water and salt to taste.  Add sugar or honey if required, mix well and serve Chilled!

Do try and make this Sharbat and let me know your feedback!





















Comments

Popular Posts