Spinach (Palak) Soup - Get your calcium Boost!


Winter Season is round the corner... and the best way to enjoy the evening is to start your meal with a large bowl of soup!

One of the most delicious ways to serve Spinach or Palak...is in the soup form... so tasty that everybody right from kids to senior citizens will slurp it up!

Every time I make this soup, I give to my neighbour Geeta Kaku!  Uncle also enjoys this soup..She would come back home and appreciate and also tell me that this soup tastes like the restaurant style!... I am a person who gets motivated by just a small appreciation :)  I am sure we all love to be appreciated!



One evening, I remember making this soup and as usual, I knocked Kaku's door and I realized that she was unwell... She thanked me for the Soup and she met me again after few days and said, Prema, I need your help to make that soup you had given me.  My daughter and her family members are unwell and I want to take it for them.   I immediately finished my work and made the delicious soup for her.

So get ready to make this delicious soup this winter which will give you a calcium boost!  Save some for yourself too as it will get over in minutes :)

Ingredients :

Spinach leaves washed & cut - 1 bunch
1/4 cup Washed and cut Coriander leaves
1 onion - chopped
Garlic chopped - 1 tsp
Cut / grated ginger - 1 tsp
Butter 3 tbsp
Maida - 2 tbsp
Milk 2 cups
Grated Cheese - 2 tbsp
1 Green Chilli
Salt to taste
Pepper powder / Oregano powder to taste
Nutmeg (Jaifal) powder a pinch
Badam / Almonds - 4 to 5 - sliced into thin pieces
Water as required

Method :


In a Kadai, put 1 tbsp of butter and saute the garlic, ginger, onion, chilli till they change colour.  Now add the coriander leaves and saute.  Add the cut spinach (Palak leaves)and saute for a minute or two.  Add water and salt to it and allow it to cook for 2 minutes and switch off the gas.  Strain the stock and keep aside.  Allow this to cool.  Puree this in a blender.   In the meanwhile, put 2 tbsp butter in the kadai and add 2 tbsp maida and saute this mixture well on low flame and now add the milk little by little and continue stirring well till the mixture is thick.  Add the blended puree into the Kadai and add enough water required.  Put pepper powder, nutmeg & Oregano powder and enough salt and allow it to boil well.  While serving, add grated Cheese & Almond slices... Enjoy your Soup!
















Comments

Popular Posts