Aloo Bonda & Sambar

It was a Saturday, and I was still in bed not wanting to get up... and I again slept for half an hour when I realized it was a holiday for music class... I finally got up and got ready and got into the Kitchen while all at home were still in their dreams...

Still feeling lazy, prepared some tea for myself and sat in my balcony enjoying every sip of the hot tea!  The next agenda was breakfast preparation... I remembered that Ria wanted to eat Wada Pav on Friday evening and I could not manage to make it after coming back from office so decided to surprise her with Aloo Bonda for breakfast!



Quickly got all ingredients ready and made 2 to 3 Bonda's and it looked so tempting that I decided to have it with the Sambar that I had made the previous night... Spicy and hot...dipped in the Sambar...yummy!! I enjoyed every bite of it... this was followed by another hot cup of tea which was a total bliss!.

It was great to see all at home enjoying the hot Aloo Bonda with Sambar... Rajesh asked me anything special today? you have made Aloo Bonda and Sambar... I just smiled away saying today is a special day as we all are at home together today :) 

I normally make this by using the normal Potato Sabji... My boss, Prashant Sabnis, normally gets Wada Pav for us at office once in a while.  This Bonda has just the ingredients that those Wada's have which are jotted down in the recipe below.. I did not add onions to the dish and put loads of Coriander leaves which enhanced the taste of the Bonda.




Ingredients:

For Batter:

Gram Flour / Besan -1 cup
Rice flour-1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Baking powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Red Chilli powder-1 tsp (Optional)
Water as needed

For the Sabji (Filling):

Potato-2 to 3 boiled and mashed
Ginger Garlic  Green Chilli Paste-1 to 2 tblspn ( You can adjust the spice as per your requirement)
Curry leaves-1 spring
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds / Jeera-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Asafetodia - 1/4th tsp
Coriander leaves- half bunch chopped
Lemon juice-to taste
Oil-1 tsp and for deep frying
Salt to taste

Method :

Cook the Potatoes, cool them and mash them and keep aside.  To make the filling, heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard and cumin seeds to it and let it splutter. Add in green chilli,ginger, garlic paste,finely chopped curry leaves and mix well.  Saute well on low flame. Add turmeric powder,salt and mix well. Add in the boiled mashed potatoes and mix everything together.

Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well. Let this cool down..Divide this into equal portions and form small balls out of it.

Heat oil for deep frying.

Now make the batter by mixing gram flour,rice flour,salt,baking powder,turmeric powder,chilli powder along with water and form a smooth paste out of it. Dip the potato ball in the batter and deep fry in heated oil till golden on both sides.


Serve this crispy hot Aloo Bonda with green chutney or Sambar...  You can also serve this Pav... Enjoy!!



















Comments

Popular Posts