Potato Masala Papad Roll

Papad is a traditional accompaniment to rice and dal in Indian cuisine.   

My children and husband love to eat fried South Indian papadam. My mom in law would deep fry them and place them in large tins.  They are over in minutes when children and hubby are having lunch / dinner.  The South Indian Pappadam tastes best when deep fried.

This is another dish that I prepared recently... It was raining heavily and I could hear Dhiraj saying "Amma make Wada Pav", my husband said make Onion Pakoda & garma garam chai.... I decided to make something different which is simple, innovative and tasty snack which can be enjoyed during tea time...Potato Masala Papad Roll.

Dhiraj offered to help me cut the Onions and chillies while I boiled the potatoes and got other ingredients ready.  At my home, the South Indian papadam  is consumed more than the North Indian Papads. 

This dish is a spicy delicious treat for those who enjoy the hot green chillies and spices... Sip your tea accompanied by this crispy Potato Masala Papad roll and you would agree with me that it is absolutely yummy!

We have stuffed the papad with boiled potatoes and spice. Make these delicious Rolls and you are sure to get some happy smiles in return!

Make a note of the ingredients and method to make this dish :




Ingredients :

Potatoes - cooked and mashed - 2
Green chillies - 3 to 4
Salt to taste
Corriander leaves - 1/2 bunch
Mint leaves - 5 to 8 leaves
Chat Masala - 1 pinch
Onion - 1
Raw Masala Papads 5 to 6
Oil to fry
Water - to soak the Papad

Method :

Take a bowl and add mashed potatoes, coriander leaves, green chillies, chat masala, salt, mint leaves, finely cut onions  and mix well.


Make small balls and keep them aside.  Moisten papads by smearing some water on them.  Once soft, stuff the potato balls on the soft papad and roll them like spring rolls and deep fry in oil till golden brown.. Serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney!















Comments

Popular Posts