Potato Cheese Cutlet - Crispy outside and soft inside!

It was 15th July 2015 (my birthday)...there was not much of celebration and fun as always... as it was time for us to travel to Panvel by road that day and then take a train to Trivandrum... It was an emotional moment for me as a mother as my son Dhiraj had got his admission at IHM (Institute of Hotel Management) @ Trivandrum.  We were travelling to Trivandrum for his admission and settling him down at the hostel. I was very stressed as he had not stayed away from us before and was wondering how he will manage.   At sharp 12:00 am on 15th, my husband as every year surprised me with a cake... a yummy chocolate cake from WS Bakers... It was an amazing and fresh cake that I had  after a long time.  I recommend the cake from WS Bakers to all :)

The week before we travelled to Trivandrum, I was preparing different dishes almost every day for Dhiraj as I knew he would miss all this at the hostel :(.  After I came back from Kerala, I have not made any new dish or experimented in the kitchen as I am still missing my critic - my son Dhiraj.  We all miss you beta :(

Cheese and potatoes these are two ingredients that nobody refuses to eat :)   I had made the Potato Cheese Cutlet  which were so crispy outside yet so soft inside. This yummy, cheesy starter is best had fresh before it gets soggy.... so just keep everything ready and fry them just before serving.

I had come back from office and decided to make this dish... This dish  didn't  last for more than 5 minutes on the plate.  You can enjoy this with Ketchup or you may serve it with mint chutney.

Take a quick look at the recipe and make this yummy starter for your loves ones, friends and receive loads of applauds!



Ingredients :

Bread Slices with edges cut - 4 to 5
Potatoes - cooked and mashed - 2
Grated cheese - 1 cup
Green chillies - 3 to 4
Salt to taste
Corriander leaves
Semolina or All purpose flour (Maida) - 2 tbsp
Bread Crumbs
Oil to fry
Water - to soak the bread

Method :

Take a bowl and soak the bread slices for a minute.  Squeeze out the water and keep it aside.  To this bread, now mix the grated cheese, cut green chillies, salt, cooked and mashed potatoes, coriander leaves and make a dough. Now make small balls and flatten them in the shape of your choice and dip it in the maida / s3molina (rava) paste.  Roll them in bread crumbs and deep fry them till they are golden brown.   Ensure you make some extra servings as Dil Mange more :)
















Comments

Popular Posts