Home Made Maaza - Refreshing Drink!

The King of Fruits - Mango will soon disappear from the market and you will need to wait till next Summer to eat this fruit :).  I was coming back from office last week and directly headed to my fruit vendor and picked up some Alphonso mangoes from him.  It was really sweet juicy and divine!

Last week, I was browsing through a food group and came across a recipe shared by Neha Parikh.  I found this to be very interesting and made this refreshing drink recently. 

We had heavy lunch on Saturday afternoon and hence all at home wanted to eat only starters for dinner.   I made Bread Kebabs, Green Oats Cake accompanied by Home made Sour Cream (you can refer recipe on my blog) and had some ready made chips for dinner.  Rajesh, my husband said he would get some Chilled Maaza from the nearby Super market.   I told him that I will treat all of them with home made Maaza and he thought I was kidding :).

We all planned to watch the movie Lunch Box after dinner... they all were waiting for me to finish with my cooking so that we all could watch the movie together.

My sister, Priya helped me lay the plates.. we laid down all the starters on the table.  I filled the Maaza in tall glasses and served it chilled to all.  When all of them had a sip, they all said together mind blowing and refreshing!!

Now that you will note down this recipe you will think twice before you grab a bottle of slice / maaza from the super market.  I am sure you will thank me for this recipe which does not have any preservatives and is also a natural drink.. tastes exactly like ready-made Maaza / Slice.

You can always  take out juice from fresh mangoes at the end of mango season and store it in freezer of your fridge so that you can enjoy it even if the season is over :) 

The ready-made Maaza / Slice taste like real mangoes... but I am sure you are aware that it has artificial flavours in it.  So dear friends... this is a must try recipe.   Do post your comments and suggestions.



Ingredients :

1 raw mango medium
2 ripe mangoes  big
1 1/4th cup sugar (you may add more if required)
4 glass water

Method :

Wash and peel the skin of the raw and ripe mangoes and cut them into cubes.  Add one glass water and pressure cook up to 3 whistles.   Now allow this to cool.  In the meanwhile, boil 3 glasses of water and add the sugar.  Allow this water to cool.   Now blend the cooked mangoes well in a mixer and add this to the water.  Chill this for about 4 to 5 hours or add ice cubes and serve this.  Your juicy and refreshing home made  Maaza is ready to drink! 


I bet you will not want to any more buy the readymade Maaza from the market.













Comments

  1. Good one PREMA.. I have to ask my wife to make..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sachin! You can ask your wife to also check the other recipes on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool i also saw the recipe ..Tasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I'm definitely going to try i.. My son loves the bottled juice n I'm totally against it. Thank u.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! I'm definitely going to try i.. My son loves the bottled juice n I'm totally against it. Thank u.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sathya! Do try and let me know your feedback:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Michelle! I am sure your son will love it... do leave your feedback once your make the drink :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts