Simple Mango Ice Cream


I and my kids love to eat Ice-Cream… and we all 3 can enjoy Ice-Cream all through the year.  My daughter, Ria loves to eat Ice Candy & Ice Gola… Since she has a Tonsillitis problem, the day she eats Ice Cream she would fall sick the next day.  When I took Ria to Dr. Khade, I told him the problem and he said, just give her normal water as soon as she eats the Ice Cream to avoid the problem and that’s what I do these days.  He also said I could give her Softy Ice Cream instead.

I avoid giving her Ice Cream during the school days… now that she has vacation, I had promised her that I would make  Ice Cream at home for her.   I kept my promise and did make milk shakes, Malai & Chocolate Kulfi and Mango Ice-Cream for her during this vacation.

I remember, when I was carrying Ria, I had troubled my husband late in the night one day saying that I had a craving to eat Ice-Cream... Rajesh asked me if I could wait till the next day… but looking at my face… he said anything for you darling and drove me down to Natural’s Ice Cream Parlor and I had large scoop of Butterscotch Ice Cream.  I guess Ria is also like me…

Recently, at office one of our colleague, Rahul Pohekar treated us all with Ice Cream.  I was having a bad throat that day.  He jokingly said, Prema is not well, let us have Ice Cream party some other day… I said what come may, let’s go ahead and enjoy the Ice Cream… We all drove down to Sus Road after lunch and had Ice Cream of our choice… I have been coughing since the time I had the Ice Cream..

Next week is my turn to treat all of them… hope to get well soon and enjoy the next flavor of Ice Cream… LOL

I was browsing through the net and I found a very simple recipe of Mango Ice Cream. Fortunately I had Alphonso Mangoes at home and I made this Ice Cream on the weekend.   

The preparation for making the Ice cream started early morning.  Due to the heavy rains, there was no electricity also for 2 to 3 hours on that day.  Finally by evening the Ice cream was ready.  I didn’t expect the Mango Ice-cream to taste so great. It was beyond my expectations. Probably the ingredients and flavors I used combined well with Mango.

This ice cream will refresh, rejuvenate you and bring you back to your old memories. I am dedicating this Mango Ice-cream to Ria

It’s easy to make this at home. So when you've got quite a few mangoes and you're not sure how to get through them all turn them into this fabulous tasting, melt-in-your-mouth ice cream!

Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients and the method to make this Divine Dessert!



Ingredients :

1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped ripe Alphonso mangoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk
2 cups milk
1 tsp lemon juice

Method:

Combine the mangoes and the sugar in a mixer and blend till smooth.  Combine the mango-pulp and all the remaining ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well using a whisk.
Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminum container. Cover with an aluminum foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.  Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminum shallow container. Cover with an aluminum foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.  Scoop and serve immediately.



















Comments

Popular Posts