Chatpata Sandwich

Every morning there is a question in mind what to make for breakfast?? :).  If I had to ask my kids this question.. quick would be their reply "Amma.. Sandwiches"!.

Making Sandwiches is very easy.. You can also refer to my post (Green Corriander Chutney & Simple Chutney Sandwich).  You may click on the link below for the recipe : http://premasadukkala.blogspot.in/2015/03/green-coriander-chutney-simple-chutney.html

You just require to have some Bread, chutney, cheese, butter, some veggies and sauce... I guess  we have all this handy in our kitchen.

It was a Sunday morning... It was raining outside... by  the time I got ready, my kids were out of bed and ready to have breakfast... My hubby, Rajesh  was out of town so I could skip the making of Idli Sambar on that day :).

Kids were very happy to enjoy a different variety of Sandwich and they ate without any fuss.. My daughter Ria said, Amma, when school will re-open you should pack this for my Short recess Tiffin.

I made it again recently for breakfast and Rajesh also complimented me saying what is the name of your new dish... It was tasty :).  I packed this for Ria's short recess tiffin and I also carried it to office for breakfast.  Ria had finished her tiffin that day :) It feels good when children enjoy their food.

My son and hubby also relished on the Chatpata Sandwich.

Sandwiches are a tasty snack  and are perfect for lunches, picnics, outings and kids lunchboxes. 

 ‘Chatpata” - means ‘sweet, tangy, sour and delicious’ in Hindi.

Next time if you want to quick fix for a picnic lunch or make this for breakfast, you’ll be not be surprised if they ask for another serving. Here’s how I made the Chatpata Sandwich... 



Ingredients for stuffing :

Boiled, peeled and grated Potato - 1/2 cup
Finely cut Onion - 2 tbsp
Finely cut Corriander - 1 tbsp
Grated Cheese - 1/4th cup
Salt, sugar & Chaat Masala to taste
Aloo Bhujiya - 1 cup (you can use any khatta meetha farsan also)
Pudina (Mint) Chutney - 2 tbsp

Other Ingredients :

Butter as required
Bread - 10 to 15 slices

Method :

Mix all the ingredients for making the stuffing into a bowl.  ( you need to ensure that once you add the Aloo Bhujiya, you must not keep it for a long time as the aloo bhujiya will get soggy).


Chop off the corners of the bread slices. Take some butter and spread on a slice of bread.  Add the stuffing on the other slice and cover with the bread slice.  Now, apply butter on surface of the bread and grill the sandwich or toast is on a Non stick pan. Repeat the same process with the remaining slices. Serve the chatpata sandwich hot with tomato ketchup.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts