Instant Semolina / Rava Idli

I had a great weekend...On Saturday, went for a long drive with hubby, did some shopping and in the evening had dinner and after that enjoyed having some amazing Ice Gola at the shopping mela :).  I had no energy left when I came back home and was not sure of what I would make for breakfast the next day morning.

That night I told Rajesh (my hubby) that we had not seen a movie in the Cinema theatre for a long time. He said we will plan for the same the next day.   I had wanted to watch the movie Tanu weds Manu Returns since the time it was released:).
I got up around 7:00 am the next day... my sister, Priya had come over to stay with us  the previous day.  As I was making the morning tea for everyone, Rajesh told me that he had booked tickets for the movie and we need to get ready by 10:30 a.m.  My maid had taken an off that day and I gave each one of them a responsibility of completing the household work, while I preferred staying in the Kitchen and making the breakfast.

In my earlier blog also I had mentioned that Idli & Sambar is one the favourite dishes that my husband loves to eat :).   My family was very impressed with me that morning, when they all were at the breakfast table.  I had made Instant Rava Idli & Sambhar (I have already posted Sambhar recipe on my blog earlier).  Believe me, the Idli's melted in my mouth. The Sambar was a great combination with Soft and Instant Rava Idli.

After having breakfast, we all left to watch the movie at E-square.  It's a great movie and Kangana Ranaut has put up a wonderful performance!!

Today morning, I treated my friends at Office with Rava Idli and spicy groundnut chutney... As usual they applauded me and were all praises for the dish.  Some also said why don't you start a food business... You make such good food!   I wish this dream comes true soon :)

Well, many of you also must be loving to eat Idlis.   Have you ever thought what you would have done if you have no batter on hand?

Today, through this blog, I will share one of the quick and equally tasty version of Instant Idli made with semolina / rava. Since the batter requires no fermentation, this recipe is a quick-fix!



Ingredients :
Semolina / Rava - 2 Cups
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Yoghurt / Curd - 2 cups
Eno - Fruit salt - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Soda - 1 tsp

Method:

In a pan add the ghee and lightly roast the semolina / rava.  Allow this to cool.  Now add all other ingredients except for Soda and mix well.  Keep this mixture aside for 15 minutes.  Now add 1 tsp of soda and mix to the batter well.


Grease the Idli moulds with little oil and spoon the batter into each mould. Place this idli moulds into the steamer and steam for 10 minutes.  Once it is steamed, remove it and let it cool. Now dip a knife / spoon in water and slide under Idli's and remove it into a Casserole.

Serve the steaming hot Idli with Sambar & Chutney.















Comments

  1. Hi..since my daughter is allergic to all dairy products, I can't use ghee or curd...is there any way to make the idlis without these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geeta - You may mix 1 tbsp of white vinegar with a quarter cup of water and pour it to the batter instead of curd and allow it to rest for 15 to 20 minutes. You can always roast the rava in oil instead of ghee... Hope this will be useful to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts