Spicy Raw Mango Chutney / Pachamanga Chammanthi



It’s almost 57 days that we are at home and following the lockdown rules issued by our Government… It has not been easy for any individual to stay indoors but there is no other way out to keep us safe from this deadly virus.

We do our weekly shopping of Vegetables and required essentials on Sunday or Monday and only go out on alternate days to buy milk.  It is either my husband or my son who would go out and buy the grocery / vegetables etc.

I hope and pray that things will be better soon and we all will get back to normal life once again!!

I am sure you all have utilized this lockdown period doing stuff that you always wanted to do and did not get time to do them earlier.  

I have been taking out time to pen down recipes that are quick and easy for all of you, also shared some videos on Youtube Channel – you can click on this link to watch the videos here :                              - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC722K5mkdPwhyugz3RDjGrA. 

I watched few movies, attended an online bread making class recently… and of  course keeping myself busy with regular mediation, and taking care of the house and all household work.  I don’t realize when I sleep as I get so tired by the time I finish dinner and go to bed.

Due to the hectic schedule I had a headache recently and my son made the morning breakfast and we all had a late breakafast… by around 2 I felt a little better and did not have the energy to cook anything elaborate so quickly made some Kanji (Rice Gruel / Porridge) and fried some Papadams and made a Spicy Raw Mango chutney also known as  Pachamanga Chammanthi in Malayalam. We all enjoyed  this simple lunch with some fresh curd. 

Everyone at home enjoyed this simple lunch.  Let me quickly share the chutney recipe with all of you so that you can make it before mangoes disappear from the market.



Ingredients :

Raw Mango – ½  (washed and cut into pieces)
Coconut pieces – ¼ cup
Green Chillies – 2
Tamarind – small piece
Shallots – 2 (if not available you can use normal onion a small piece)
Curry leaves – 1 string
Ginger – a small piece
Salt to taste

Method :

Coarsely grind all the ingredients in a mixer jar… not required to add water. Enjoy this simple chutney / dip which will definitely enhance your taste buds!

In case you try this recipe, I look forward to your feedback / comment.









Comments

Popular Posts