Mint Peanut Chutney


Vani, a very close friend in my society has always inspired me and appreciated the food I cook.  Both our daugther's study in the same school and same class :)...

Her daugther, Veena is a big fan of few snacks that I make... i.e. Wada Hariyali, Stuffed Idli etc.  Vani would place food orders with me and keeps promoting me and also insists that I must start some food joint soon so that other's can also enjoy variety of food and I can fulfill my passion... 

This has also been my dream... Hope with almighty's support this dream will soon come true!!

Recently, she had placed an order for Chutney and I made Mint Peanut Chutney for her...

Let me share this recipe with all of you :

Ingredients :

1 cup Roasted groundnuts (peanuts)
Handful of Coriander leaves
Mint leaves 2 handful
2 garlic cloves
1 small piece of onion
1 to 2 green chillies
Tamarind 2 pieces
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves
Cumin, Mustard Seeds & Urad Dal
Asafetodia (hing)
Dry Red Chillies

Method :

Roast Groundnuts and remove skin and keep aside.  Heat 1 tsp oil and add cumin seeds...after it splutters add garlic cloves, onion and green chillies and saute till raw smell of onion goes away. Add in the mint and coriander leaves saute for a minute or two. Cool the mixture...put in a mixer jar, add the roasted groundnut, tamarind, salt, enough water and grind to smooth paste... Prepare the tadka and pour the Tadka of cumin, mustard, curry leaves, hing, red chiilies in the grounded  chutney.. Enjoy with any South Indian breakfast!!







Comments

Popular Posts