Garlic Mushrooms




Last weekend I had few orders in the morning through Mealtango and I almost finished packing and opened the door for the delivery boy to collect the parcel for delivery... my neighbour aunty had come out of her house to put Rangoli.. while I interestingly looked at the design she was making, she asked me if I would accompany her to the Farmer's market that had started in my area (Aundh).   I was very excited to go with her as I had only heard about these markets but did not have a chance to visit them.

The place was crowded... People visited different stalls... I also met up with few friends who were busy engrossed in buying vegetables and fruits at the market.  I had carried a large bag with me as I support the plastic ban and always carry a cloth bag wherever I go.  

There were loads of fresh vegetables and fruits in the market I visited almost all the stalls and picked up variety of vegetables and fruits which I have used for 1.5 weeks... I brought some fresh Mushrooms (one of my favourite vegetable) and some exotic vegetables also...

Today, I will share a quick Garlic Mushroom recipe with all of you... This is a spicy starter which can be enjoyed with Rice, Noodles or just enjoy them straight out of the Pan...

Ingredients :

Mushrooms  - 250 gms
Onions - finely chopped - 2 nos
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves & Spring Onion greens to garnish

Garlic Sauce (Make a paste out of the below ingredients) :

Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp (you can use less spice according to your taste)
Garlic Cloves - 5
Apple Cider Vinegar - 3/4th tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
2 tbsp of water


Method:

First of all make the sauce and keep aside.  Thoroughly wash the mushrooms and cut them into pieces.   Heat a pan and add the olive oil.  When oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.  Add in the onion and saute until golden brown. Add in the prepared sauce and saute well on medium flame till the raw smell of garlic has gone.  Ensure that it does not get burnt.   You will get a lovely aroma in your home once this mixture is sauted :).  

Now add in the mushroom and saute for 2 to 5 minutes.  Cover and cook on medium heat until the mushrooms are cooked completely.  Add in the spring onion greens and mix well.!

Transfer the Garlic Mushroom in a serving plate and garnish  with coriander leaves... Enjoy them with rice, noodles or just like a starter.




















Comments

Popular Posts