Leftover Roti / Chapati Barfi - A unique dessert!


My  colleague, Meghana Dindorkar shared this recipe with me and I just could not wait to make this as I was very curious to taste it and was not sure about the taste and I kept thinking of how can one make Barfi with  Leftover Chapati's....



I told my maid to make few extra Chapati's and once they we cooled, I tried my hands at this recipe... to my great surprise it tasted awesome and no one at home realized that it was made of Leftover Roti... I shared this dish with few colleagues and their reaction was exactly like what I felt when Meghana shared this recipe with me :).

I am sure you all are also eager to know the recipe to make this dessert... So let's take a look at the ingredients and method...

Ingredients :

1/4th Cup Malai or Fresh Cream
1/4th Cup Powdered sugar
1 tbsp Cocoa powder
1/4th Cup dark chocolate
1 cup left over Chapati - churned in mixer to a fine powder
2 tbsp - Kaju / Cashew nut pieces
Butter Paper greased with ghee
White chocolate flakes to decorate

Method :

Heat a pan and add the Fresh cream / Malai, powdered sugar and cocoa powder and mix this well on low flame.  Now add dark chocolate and allow this to melt completely.  It's now time to add the Chapati powder churned in the mixer.  Mix this well and cook till the mixtures turns thick.  Put in cashew pieces and mix again.  Now grease butter paper / silver foil and transfer the cooked mixture into the greased butter paper and set it well with the help of a spatula.  Garnish with which white chocolate.  Freeze this for about 5 to 10 minutes and cut them into desired shapes... Your delicious Roti Barfi is ready to serve.

I am sure everyone will appreciate you when you surprise them with this unique dish... Do share your feedback & experience once you cook this for your family.  Do share this recipe with your loved ones too!

Have a sweet day ahead...














Comments

Popular Posts