Chettinad Peanut / Groundnut Chutney

I like to have Idli / Dosa with variety of chutney's and always keep trying out new versions.. I recently made Chettinand Groundnut Chuntey... Spicy & yummy!!



I am not a big fan of Peanuts... but I like them in my chutney or in gravies!  I made this chutney for breakfast on a Sunday which I planned to serve with Idli's.. My husband kept waiting even after I served him breakfast and then when I got back to the dining table and asked him why he had not started eating... he said where is the Sambar?  I just burst out laughing as I knew what he was waiting for...:).  I skipped making the Sambar that day.. 

He had the Idli and Chutney and said.. it would have been a fulfilling Breakfast if you had served the Sambar with this Idli & Chutney.

I enjoyed every bite of the Idli with the Spicy Chutney and ended up eating additional Idli's that day as the taste of this Chutney was really nutty,tasty and very creamy.

So if you want to add some spice to your dish... this chutney is a must try!

Ingredients :

Roasted and shelled Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Green Chillies 3 to 4 (you may reduce / increase as per your taste)
Onion - 1/2
Red  Chillies - 1 to 2
Garlic - 2 cloves
Curry leaves - 5 to 10 leaves
Coriander leaves -a handful
Ginger - a small piece
Chana dal - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind - 4 to 5 pieces
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
For tadka  / tempering - 2 garlic cloves, curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds & red Chilli.

Method :

In a kadai add oil, when hot put the green chllies and put a lid and allow it to cook well on low flame, then add all other ingredients one by one and saute well  Lastly add the groundnut and tamarind and give it a good stir. Allow this to cool.  Grind this to a fine paste.  Transfer to a bowl.

Make the tempering and add this to the chutney and serve this with any South Indian Breakfast dish!

Enjoy & do leave your feedback!
















Comments

Popular Posts