Crispy Prawns

In the month of June 2014, I made my first tour to our Chennai Office.  I was very scared of taking the flight and on the other hand was also very excited.

I had travelled with Rajesh by flight several times, but this was the first time I was travelling alone... I was given all step by step instructions by my colleague Meghana Badwe as to how to check in to the airport and other instructions.   Once I got into the airport, I felt a bit comfortable :).  The next one that was bothering me was the takeoff and landing of the flight.  I followed the co passengers and did exactly what they were doing and finally reached Chennai Airport.  The journey back home was more easier as I had got rid of the fear :)

Indira R. my colleague at Chennai, had sent a vehicle to pick me up from the airport.  She was the person who took good care of me during my 1 week stay at Chennai.  After work, we used to go shopping and I also visited a beach where Indira treated me with fresh fried fish... it was amazing!!!.

One day prior to my return to Pune, I visited my mother's aunt's house in Awadi.  Sujata, my mother's cousin, came to pick me up at the Railway station and we reached their house.  My granny had made some amazing Kerala cuisine and I enjoyed the meal.  After dinner, they had switched on a cookery channel and I quickly picked up a paper and pen and jotted down the ingredients that the Chef of a 5 star hotel of Kerala was demonstrating.  


It took me more than a year to actually cook this dish which I have named as Crispy Prawns!

Ingredients :

Large Prawns deveined and cleaned well - 15 to 20
One Egg white
Lemon Juice - 1/2 lemon
Salt to taste
1 tsp - Maida
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tbsp
Oil for frying

(Marinate the above and keep aside)

For the powder masala :

Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Urad Dal - 2 tbsp
Pepper Corn - 10 to 15
Green Chilies - 4 to 5 (or as per taste)
2 Strings of Curry leaves

Method :

Take a pan and dry roast Urad Dal, Pepper Corn and add curry leaves and make a fine powder.  Add little oil and add ginger garlic paste and saute well.  Add the chilli and saute for a while.  Now add the powdered mixture to this and mix well and keep aside.

Take the marinated prawns and dip it in the powdered mixture  or mix the prawns well in the mixture and shallow fry or deep fry.  Garnish with coriander leaves and serve this as a starter!


Do post your feedback and comments! 

















Comments

Popular Posts