Potato Pudhina Curry

On one of the weekends, I had gone out and got late to get back home.  It was already 1:00 pm and my daughter and husband checked when will food be served?   I was not sure what to  make at the point of time.

I told them that I will be making only Kashmiri Pulao as I had no energy to make Roti, Sabji and full course meal and they will have to wait for another 30 minutes for lunch :).  My husband immediately said that make some nice gravy which will go well with the Pulao also.

I made all the arrangements and got the Pulao ready.  Not very sure what gravy to make,  I peeled and cut some potatoes and cooked them.   While checking through my fridge, there was lots of Pudina Chutney which I had made in the morning which I took out of the fridge.  This dish was just another innovation in my Kitchen and it turned out so good that there was loads of applause and appreciation at the dining table!

Potatoes are so much versatile and one can make a variety of dishes in any form...My sister Priya, loves to eat potatoes and she would have it without complaining every day.

Potato pudhina curry is an unique aloo or potato curry recipe made with awesome mix of mint paste with diced potatoes or aloo. The boiled potatoes are cooked along with mint chuntey in a delectable onion-tomato-ginger based curry with garam masala.


Ingredients :

Potatoes peeled and cut into medium pieces - 1 cup
Turmeric - 1/4th tsp
Salt - 1 pinch
Finely Chopped Onion - 1 large onion
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tbsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Mustard, Cumin & Asafetodia for tempering
Oil - 1 tbsp
Green coriander leaves for garnishing

Masala for grinding (grind to fine paste) :

Mint Leaves - 1 cup
Garlic - 4 to 5 cloves
Green Chillies - 2 to 3
Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method:

Cook the peeled and cut potatoes by adding turmeric and salt in the cooker upto 3 whistles.

Grind all the ingredients to a fine paste.

In a kadai add oil.  Add the mustard, cumin and Asafetodia for tempering.  Add onions and saute till the colour changes.  Now  add the ginger garlic paste saute well for some time. Add the ground masala and saute.  Add the garam masala, coriander powder and saute for few minutes.

To this mixture, add the cooked potatoes, check the salt and mix it well.  Allow this curry to boil.  You may have this dish with some gravy or with dry gravy. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves

Enjoy this dish with Paratha, Puri, Roti or Rice!




















Comments

Popular Posts