Home made Sour Cream

The Eggplant Kebabs (Baingan Kebabs) were getting cooked on the Tawa... The tea was getting ready on the other gas stove...  In the meanwhile, I checked the fridge and learnt that there was no sauce available which I planned to serve with the Kebab’s.   I was in a hurry as I had to go out after tea and hence did not take efforts to make the green chutney J

I had recently read in one of the cook books as to how to make sour cream… I remembered this recipe and again opened the fridge to check if all the ingredients were available… but this time again one main ingredient that I required to make this dish was missing.  “Yogurt”/ Curd.   I had to tell Dhiraj, my son to go to the nearby grocery shop and get the Curd as the home made curd was consumed in the afternoon by all of us during lunch J

During weekends, I make sure that the meal includes plenty of Raita. Raita is a yogurt-based condiment that can help douse the fire if a dish is just a little too hot and spicy.
Making good Yoghurt at home is easy and pocket friendly. Yogurt made with good bacteria benefits your digestion, improves immunity and lessens food allergies. I normally would take whole milk (Cow Milk) boil the milk.  When the milk is warm, add 2 tbsp. of thick yogurt in the warm milk gently mix it and leave it aside in a warm place for around 3-4 hours and your thick curd is ready.  I set the Yogurt in a casserole.

Now that I got the curd from the market, I made this dip which took very little time, but the taste was just awesome!.It just complimented with the Baingan Kebabs… My Mom in-law was all praises for me after she had the Kebabs with the sour cream.  I have recently posted the recipe for Baingan Kebabs… so go ahead and make both the dishes for your family and revert to me with your comments!

You can use this dip with any fried snack / chips etc…. After writing this blog, am getting back to the Kitchen to make some Sour cream and will also make some Potato Chips at home in my Oven.. 


So… next time you  have unexpected guest at home, you can quickly make this dip and believe me this will be also be a hit item on your menu when you plan your next party!

Ingredients :
Hung Curd - 1/4th Cup
Fresh Milk cream or Amul Cream - 2 tbsp
Finely chopped Garlic - 2 tsp
Finely cut Onions - 2 tbsp
Lime Juice - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

Method : Mix the cream with the hung curd and whisk it well.  Add garlic and onions and salt.  Add lemon Juice give it a stir and it's so easy to  make this cream... I love the taste!   I am sure you will also enjoy this with any fried snack :)









Comments

Popular Posts