Bangla Nimki

Today I am sharing a Crispy Snack with all of you - Bangla Nimki which you can enjoy with your evening Tea... You can add this to your Diwali snack list too...

Recently, I had taken leave from office... after finishing all my work at home, I wanted to make something and store it for my daughter Ria as she can eat them when she gets back from school...

It took me around 1 hour to prepare the Nimki... while making such snacks, one should have lot of patience.  I had taken some for my friends in office and when my boss - Prashant Sabnis tasted it he asked me if I had got it from Chitale... I told him that I take the compliments as it is homemade :).


Ingredients :
   
    2 cups - Maida
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tbsp ghee
    1/2 tsp carom / ajwain seeds
    1/2 tsp cumin / jeera seeds      
    Water to knead

    Additional Ingredients :

    1/4th cup Ghee
    1/4th cup maida
    Oil for frying

    Method :

    Take a bowl,add the maida, salt, carom & cumin seeds and 2 tbsp ghee and mix all
    ingredients and  crumble the mixture well.   Add enough water and make a dough.  
    Take a large ball sized dough, dust in maida.  Roll it thin with a help of rolling pin.

    Rub 1/2 tsp of ghee on the rolled dough and also sprinkle 2 tsp of maida and spread this
    uniformly.  Roll this tightly this helps to get multiple layers in the nimki.  Cut this roll          into 1 inch piece and press slightly and dust with maida.  Roll to rectangular or square   
    shape and fold into a triangle. Prick this with a fork to prevent the nimki from puffing up      while frying.  Deep fry in medium hot oil. I made around 30 Nimkis from this mixture.          Enjoy the Nimki with a cup of Masala Chai...You can store this for around 2 weeks in   
    airtight container.


























.

    Do leave your feedback and comments!
 

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing such an awesome healthy recipe. I hope you will like SevPuri https://borntoguide.com/2018/09/25/india-spicy-vegetarian-snack-sev_puri-recipe/ Plz like subscribe & comment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mam,thanku for the receipie will surely try and will post you back here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your feedback! Yes do let me know when you make the dish :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts