Spicy Momos Chutney / Dip

I am sure you all had a chance to go through the Steamed Veg Momo's recipe that was posted few days ago...

Spicy Momos Chutney / dip is a great accompaniment with Steamed Veg Momo's / Non Veg Momo's  as they both complement each other like Tom & Jerry :).  It is very easy to make and stays good for quite some days in the refrigerator and this dip goes well with other Chinese dishes also. The Momos I made was not spicy as I prefer dipping them in the spicy Chutney & gulping them when they are hot.

During one of the office events, we had served Veg & Paneer Momo's accompanied by a spicy chutney... I really liked the chutney that was served by the Vendor, that whenever I pass by his outlet, I do stop by to have the Momo's which he serves with the Spicy chutney and Mayonnaise.

I am sharing with you the recipe that I tried at home... I am sure you will try making this and also share, like & comment on this post!


Ingredients :

Tomato - 4
Red Chillies - 10 to 15 (you may increase / decrease quantity depending on your taste)
Garlic - 8 cloves
Ginger - 1 med piece
Onion - a small piece
Soy Sauce - 1/4th tsp
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Sugar & Salt to taste
Oil - 11/2 tbsp

Method :

Add water in a bowl and boil tomato & chiilies (I micro waved them for 5 to 8 minutes).  Allow this to cool. In a Kadai / pan heat oil . When it's hot add the onion and sauté for some time.  Add garlic, ginger and saute. Add the soy sauce, salt, sugar & vinegar and put off the gas burner.  Add this mixture to the tomato & chilli which was cooked and blend it to a fine paste in the blender.  Transfer the chutney to the Kadai and bring it to boil . Keep the flame on low and boil well for about 5-10 minutes so that flavors get enhanced and also the sauce will attain a nice consistency. 

Serve the spicy dip with Momos or any Chinese starter. Once it is cooled, transfer it in air tight container and store in fridge.  You may use it as and when required. I just finished my stock... and will be making some more soon!


Signing off and will soon be back with some more interesting recipes!
















Comments

Popular Posts