Simple Veg Pulao

After posting my 100th Blog... I am even more inspired to share with all my readers / viewers, quick recipes that I have tested and tried in my Kitchen (Adukkala) :).

Last week, I attended office even though I had a bad ache in my left arm due to spondylitis... The only remedy to this was cold and hot pack and exercise which I regularly started to get relief.  It is so important to take care of your posture while you work, sleep bend etc. :)

Every quarter, we have an event "Happy Hour Celebration" at workplace and I take the charge of organizing the event.  The audience who attend the event are not aware of what all arrangements are to be done to organize an event.  It requires, one to look cheerful even if you are unwell, new ideas, planning and finally executing the show. Every time, it has to be organized differently... it's a big challenge and I enjoy these challenges :). 

On Friday, 14th August, 15, we had clubbed our new office ribbon cutting ceremony and the quarter celebrations the same day!  There was lot of team work involved, our housekeeping boys decorated the office, few members of my team put some flower Rangoli's and  got the traditional lamp ready.  There was an award ceremony, and motivational speech by our Director and CEO, Mr. Raj Swaminathan during this event.  We organized a Dumb Charades Contest for all employees, which was followed by mouth watering Pav Bhaji, Mava Samosa & Coffee.  The great moment that evening for me was when colleague's appreciated saying "Prema, it was a great event and we enjoyed ourselves" :)

Since it was a Friday, my husband, Rajesh normally does not carry his lunch box.  I had to quickly make lunch box for Ria and self and get ready to leave for Office and also get back to work and complete last moment arrangements for the event to be conducted in the evening.   I decided to make something quick and easy which was a change from the routine Roti Sabji for lunch and hence made  Simple Veg Pulao with some Raita.  This turned out to be awesome and I did get compliments at the lunch table when few of my colleagues tasted the Pulao. 

I thought of sharing this simple Pulao with all of you so that you can also make this for your family when you are in a hurry!!



Ingredients :

Long grain Basmati Rice - 1 cup (soak in water for half hour)
Carrot - 1
French Beans - 10
Potato - 1
Ginger - 1 medium piece
Garlic - 5
Onion - 1 large
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Water - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Corriander leaves

Masala :

Green Chillies - 4- 5
Pepper Corn - 15-20
Black & Green Cardamom - 1 & 2
Cinnamon Stick - 1 large
Cloves - 3
Tejpata - 2
Shahjeera - 1/2 tsp


Method :

Coarsely powder the masala except for Green Chillies.  Make a dry paste of the chillies separately and keep aside.  Wash the soaked rice and keep aside before you start preparing the Pulav.  Heat Ghee in a Cooker, add onions and saute till they are golden brown.  Add the thin sliced, French beans , carrots and potatoes to the onion and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.  Now add the ginger and garlic and stir for a minute.  Add the green chilly paste, the coarsely powdered masala and saute well.  To this add the washed and drained Basmati rice and fry this mixture for around 3-4 minutes.  Add enough salt to this and add 2 cups of warm water and boil the mixture.  Cover the lid of the cooker and pressure cook upto 3 to 4  whistles.  Garnish with Corrainder leaves and serve hot with pickle, Papad and Raita!















Comments

Popular Posts