Peanut Chutney

I love food and I love everything involved with food.... I cook, serve, and eat with almost the same passion. I make different types of chutney that is an accompaniment with Idli, Dosa, Appe, Upma etc. 

Recently, on September 12th, I organized a food stall at a Handicrafted Products Exhibition.  We made Idli Sambar, Chutney, Idiappam Chana Curry (Kadala Curry), Appe, Udid Wada Sambar, Wada Rasam and authentic South Indian packed food  (snacks) under Prema's Adukkala Banner!  Without the support of Ram and his team... this event would not have been possible!

A special thanks to my sister for all her help.  My parents and in-laws showered their blessings which gave me confidence.  My loving husband, has always been a big support!

This was my first experience and a big thanks to my colleague, Meenal Ugrankar who motivated me to be a part of this event!  There were butterflies in my stomach till the day we set up the stall...there was lot of preparation to get ready for the D-day.  

It was raining very heavily in Pune on this day, and I guess most citizens preferred staying in doors on this day and could not enjoy the South Indian delicacies available at our stall... Business was not as expected but since I did not go with any expectations it did not bother me much :).  The best part of the event was I got to meet with many people... and had a good experience. 

We received several feedback from customers.. I would like to share one such feedback with you... "The sambar tastes much better than Vaishali or Rupali Restaurant".  This compliment made my day:).  There were few children who came and complimented saying "Aunty the food is yummy" :). 

After the event, the entire week I was very tired and it took me almost a week and a half to get back to normal :).

I recently made this chutney which tasted awesome... I am sure you will also enjoy this chutney... Do make it and share your feedback!

Ingredients :

For making  tempering powder :

Curry leaves - 2 springs
Cumin Seeds - 1/8 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/8th tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp

For the chutney :

Groundnut roasted : 100 gms
Garlic - 3 to 4
Tamarind juice - 1/8th cup
Asafetodia - 1/2 pinch
Chilly Powder - 1 tbsp



Method :
Heat oil in a pan add garlic, roasted peanuts, red chilly powder, tamarind juice, salt, mix this all together, switch off the flame, put it into the blender and make a paste.

For tempering heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when mustard seeds splutter, add cumin seeds, Urad daal, , add Asafetodia, curry leaves, roast this till Urad daal is golden in colour, let it cool down put it into the blender make a coarse powder. 

Take a bowl add peanuts garlic paste and add the tempering mixture, mix it well.   Serve this with Idli, Dosa, Appe  and Upma.

This tastes awesome!!

















Comments

Popular Posts