Besan Ka Sheera / Gram Flour Halwa

Do you require an occasion to eat sweets or desserts??  I guess no  :)…  After dinner, my kids and husband asked me what sweet dish will I be serving… and it is not possible to make something every day.  I decided one day to make something sweet which can be enjoyed after dinner.

I had read about Besan ka Sheera in one of the cook books and also thought to myself …wonder how it would taste…  Sheera made with Besan?  I must admit that the taste just cannot be explained in words!

My daughter, Ria came back home after playing and told me that she could get a nice aroma and it seems something special has been cooked :).   She enjoyed the dish and also told me to keep some away so that she could carry it for tiffin the next day!

Besan Ka Halwa / Sheera is a traditional, rich Punjabi sweet dish that is a favorite for celebrations, festivals and pujas.  You can garnish it with dry fruits to make it look and taste more delicious!. This is a perfect rich dish for special occasions and festive celebrations.



So go ahead and make this rich and delicious dessert without waiting for any reason for Celebration!

Ingredients :

Besan (Gram Flour) - 5 Tbsp
Pure Ghee - 4 tbsp
Almonds (coarsely ground) 10 to 12
Pistachios(coarsely ground) 8 to 10
Sugar - 8 tbsp
Green Cardamom Powder - 2 pinches
Water - 2 cups

Method :

Heat the ghee in a non stick pan and add the besan and saute till brown and fragnant.  You need to ensure that the besan does not get burnt.  You may adjust the flame accordingly.  It's now time to add the grounded almonds and pistachios and saute for few minutes.  Add 2 cups of water and keep stirring to prevent it from forming lumps.  (This is a testing time as your hands pain while you stir for quite some time).

Add the sugar and Cardamom Powder and cook till the mixture thickens.  Garnish with dry fruits and serve hot.

Enjoy and leave your feedback!





















Comments

Popular Posts