Baked Vegetable Au Gratin - French Delicacy


After a long time I and my husband went out to do some pending work… Got a call from my son asking if he should bring home some exotic vegetables so that he could make some sauted vegetables for dinner… I readily agreed as I thought I would get a break from kitchen as he would cook for us that evening.

I reached home and my mom in law sent me Mutter Paneer for dinner… I realized that my son had got all the vegetables but forgot that he had to cook them too… Thanks to my mom in law since she sent the Mutter Paneer I had to only make the Roti’s and salad for dinner!

I finished all my work and attended a live session by Rhythms Kitchen in the afternoon the next day and made this lip smacking Baked Vegetable Au Gratin.  This is a traditional Continental French delicacy which can be enjoyed with warm crisp breads or as a main course dish.  This is a super quick and easy recipe and the Cheesy texture of this dish is what makes it’s extra special and is loved by kids and adults.  The secret of making this dish is to bake it till you get a nice brown crust.  This is best enjoyed when it’s hot / warm.

I used all the exotic Vegetables to make this one pot meal and my family thoroughly enjoyed the meal!!

Time to jot down the recipe:

Ingredients:

Cauliflower / Brocolli or both – ½ cup

Sweet Corn or Baby corn – ½ cup

French Beans – ½ cup (I did not have this so did not add)

Peas ½ cup

Carrot 1

Green Capsicum ( I used Yellow and Red Bell Pepper)

Mushroom – 2 to 3 (I did not have this so did not add to the dish)

Coriander leaves a small bunch

2 tbsp Amul Butter (Do not use Oil)

Grated / Chopped Garlic – 1 tsp

1 tbsp Maida and 1 tbsp wheat flour

Cold Milk 1 cup or 250 ml

2 to 3 tbsp of water’

Cheese Slice of Processed cheese 1 slice / 1 cube

Salt to taste

Pepper to taste

Chilli flakes to taste

Mixed Herbs to taste

Mozirella Cheese half cup

Grated Paneer 2 to 3 tbsp

 

Method :

Grease a baking dish with butter and keep aside.  Take a Kadai and add 2 tbsp butter, when its hot add in the garlic and saute it till it slightly changes colour.  Now add in the Cauliflower / Brocoli and saute for some time.  Gradually add in all other veggies except for Capsicum and saute everything very well.. Add in some salt and mix well and cook this mixture for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the capsicum and coriander leaves and mix well. Now add in the madia and wheat flour and mix well.  Add in required salt, pepper, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and mix well.  To this add the cold milk and 2 to 3 tbsp water and keep stirring and cooking.  When this gets cooked well add the processed cheese or cheese slice.  Transfer this into the greased baking tray. Grate the paneer onto this vegetable and top it with mozzarella cheese.  Preheat the oven at 180 deg for 10 minutes and bake this for 20 to 30 minutes or till you see a nice brown crust.  Serve hot as soon as it is baked with some garlic bread / bread sticks or just serve as it is!!!.

Do try the recipe and I would really be thankful if you can pin it or share this with your Facebook / Instagram or Twitter followers!  All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. This will definitely keep me motivated.






































 

Comments

Popular Posts