Piping Hot Sweet Corn Soup

I am back again with a quick recipe for all of you…. I was unwell for a week due to a nerve pinch in my neck due to Spondylitis.. It was very painfulL.  My kids, hubby and in-laws ensured that I took complete rest for a week… and now I am doing much better than last week!

Tomorrow is Women’s Day… so here’s wishing all the beautiful Women on this Earth a Very Happy Women’s Day!  

I do not wait for this day to pamper myself… I believe that it is important to make time for yourself… relax and pamper yourself by going to a Spa, get a massage done, read a book, take a small nap, enjoy and appreciate little achievements, enjoy a dessert without bothering about the calories that may cause weight gainJ.

I am sharing a Corn Soup recipe which is a favourite soup at my home.  My Mom-in-law enjoys this soup and I make this quite often for dinner.  

Enjoy the Soup, hot and fresh with your family!!

Do try the recipe and I would really be thankful if you can pin it or share this with your Facebook / Instagram or Twitter followers!

All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. This will definitely keep me motivated.

Do also watch the video on my YouTube Channel by clicking on the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsWbvD9fs6Y  

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup sweet Corn ( 0.5 cups to be ground to a fine paste)
  • ½ carrot peeled and diced
  • 1/4th cup green peas (I have used frozen peas)
  • 2 green chillies finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
  • 1 tbsp grated ginger
  • 1/4th cup fresh coriander leaves
  • 1 tsp pepper powder
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 1 tbsp soya sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp Oil
  • 1 to 1.5 glass water
  • Salt to taste

Note: You can add other veggies like chopped Beans, spring onions to this soup.

Method:

Take half cup Sweet Corn and make a fine puree. Take a Kadai and heat oil. To this add ginger, garlic, chopped chillies and saute well on high flame.  Now add in all the vegetables and saute for around 5 minutes till the vegetables get lightly cooked.  Pour in the corn puree into the Kadai and mix well.  Cover the Kadai with a lid and allow this mixture to cook for around 5 to 8 minutes on medium flame. Pour 1 to 1.5 glasses of water.  Add in the soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper powder and boil this mixture for 5 to 10 minutes on medium flame.  Add in the chopped coriander leaves.  Check for salt and spice and adjust accordingly.   Enjoy this soup to pamper yourself or your family members/ friends.  If you try the recipe do share your feedback / comments with me. 

























Comments

Popular Posts