Veggie Sooji Steamed Balls


This blog is dedicated to all the busy Mom's who really take lot of efforts to ensure that they pack healthy tiffin for their kids for school...Every child demands what they need for tiffin the next day...

I tried and experimented this recipe which has been a hit... my daughter does not like to eat Rava (Sooji) Upma... but the twist in making this dish differently, really made a difference!!!. 



I packed Veggi Sooji Steamed Balls (that is what I have named this dish) to office and it was relished by my group of friends with whom I eat breakfast at office... I offered  Hima, my colleague this dish and she tasted it and said it's yummy!... She met me again at my desk and asked me to jot down the recipe and said she would make it for her family as it was something different which they would relish... I am sure Hima must have tried making it for her family...

Let me share this recipe with all of you... hope you will share, like & try this recipe!

Ingredients :

Rava / Sooji - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Grated Ginger - 1/2 tsp
Crushed green Chillies - 1/2 to 1 tsp (as per taste)
Oil - 1 tsp
Steamed Veggies - Corn, Grated carrot, finely chopped Capsicum
Finely chopped curry leaves
Salt to taste

For the Tadka :

Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Green Chilli - 2 slit
Coriander leaves - chopped
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Sambar Powder / Pav Bhaji Masala - 1/2 tsp

Method :

Steam all the vegetables and keep them aside.   Boil water and add the grated ginger & crushed green chillies, curry leaves & the steamed vegetable & salt.  Put off the flame and immediately add the Rava / Semolina and mix well to a dough.  Also add the oil to this dough and mix it well.

Take lemon size balls and roll it to a round ball.  Steam these balls for 10 to 12 minutes.  Now prepare the tadka and transfer the steamed balls into the kadai and mix them well... The yummy dish is ready to be served for breakfast or snacks..

Do try making the dish and also leave your feedback!

















Comments

Popular Posts